Deadline: 3 November 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information Resources and Services Officer (Records and Archives) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information Resources and Services Officer (Records and Archives) will perform the following functions-
- Assist the Unit Head, OAIS-IR in planning the yearly work program by providing information about past year’s accomplishments, future needs, and available resources.
- Provide preliminary analysis and supports special studies on various work improvement projects initiated by the unit, particularly in the areas of records and archives management, including outsourcing of services.
- Provide input and advice on the implementation of an ADB-wide taxonomic structure to ensure filing consistency across all departments.
- Make recommendations for upgrading the storage and retrieval mechanisms currently used by the unit, with a view toward the disposal of records that have microfilm or electronic facsimiles.
- Provide input and advice on streamlining and formalizing workflow related to the transfer of paper-based records from departments to the records center.
- Assist in the supervision of the records management component of the ADB-wide electronic documents repository system and makes recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of the ADB Archives Gallery.
- Supervise the development and implementation of the annual records management training/workshop for HQ and field offices staff.
- Supervise the technical support given by the records and archives group to the Resident Missions, including e-file transmissions of delegated project documents.
- Prepare periodic reports on budget planning and monitoring, progress on major tasks, overtime utilization and activities and indicators of the Unit as required by the Unit Head, OAIS-IR, Director, OAFA and/or Principal Director, Office of Administrative Services.
- Review ADB-wide requirements for filing facilities, and coordinates the layout of file rooms and installation of appropriate equipment with Facilities Planning and Management Unit.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in archives administration, library science, or other information management discipline preferably with advanced training in archives and records management.
- 8 year’s of experience in records management and archives.
- Experience implementing one at corporate level is an advantage.
- Knowledge of archival operations and preservation techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of international best practices on records management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS).
- Knowledge of advanced SharePoint focused specially on records management features.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of report-writing and communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.