Deadline: 17 August 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Investment Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Mainstreaming ADB Ventures into PSOD operations
- Support the operation of ADB Ventures, that will contribute to the pipeline of high-impact non-sovereign projects.
- Support the identification, incubation and scaling of innovative technology solutions, that increase the development inclusiveness and effectiveness of ADB’s operations.
- Investment responsibilities
- Support the sourcing of new investment opportunities and build a high-quality investment pipeline, including by leveraging personal networks and relationships.
- Evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation.
- Support the full investment life-cycle from due diligence, close process, pre and post funding support to follow-on funding and exit management.
- Strategy and Planning
- Support the development of policy and strategies for ADB’s developmental goals for the private sector in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate work with other departments on project related and strategy policy matters.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Participate in and contribute substantially to relevant learning events and other activities for advocacy, dissemination, and knowledge building.
- Draft, review, and provide comments on project, policy, and other papers related to private sector development and operations.
- Staff Supervision
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in management or finance, preferably with a Master’s degree.
- 8 year’s relevant experience with venture capital (VC) and support of early-stage technology businesses.
- Experience in working with venture capital funds, including fund administration and reporting.
- Experience across the VC-investment cycle, including deal origination, conducting end to end due diligence, deal execution and portfolio management.
- Experience in startups and technology, particular in cleantech, agritech, fintech and healthtech preferred.
- Experience with impact-focused technology investments, including use of impact investment lenses and monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.