Deadline: 27 May 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Investment Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Investment Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Project Development and Processing
- Support in the origination of a pipeline of private sector infrastructure finance projects and screens investment opportunities through client outreach, marketing and deal screening.
- Undertake and manages the necessary due diligence, financial modeling, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of loans, equity investments, guarantees, B-loans or other forms of ADB assistance.
- External Liaison
- Facilitate or leads active relationships with commercial lenders and other financial partners in the region and beyond as well as with developers, investors and governments.
- Assesse and structure transactions to maximize the potential for commercial co-financing and catalyzing of additional sources of capital.
- Strategy, Policy and Project Evaluation
- Provide strategic inputs and comments on project, policy and other papers related to private sector operations and development across a range of key themes and sectors.
- Drafts, reviews and provides comments on project, policy and other papers related to private sector development and operations issues in various themes and sectors.
- Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, provides clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent, University Degree relevant to assigned sector combined with at least 5 year’s specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- At least 8 year’s relevant professional experience in private sector finance, including hands-on experience in processing investments for infrastructure projects, analyzing credit risks, structuring transactions, syndicating financing and other related commercial banking activities.
- Experience working in at least one of the following sectors power, environmental infrastructure, water and wastewater, and transport.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in development in several countries preferably in East Asia, the Pacific and Southeast Asia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.