Deadline: 16 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Manila, Philippines.
The Operations Assistant will perform a full range of secretarial duties for international staff, Coordinates administrative activities for the assigned units.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are properly typed, prepared, submitted on time and in compliance with ADB’s standards.
- Ensures all the incoming mails are logged, properly distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that all outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
- Provides efficient reception services by proper screening of incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external callers to ensure they are referred in a timely manner to concerned staff.
- Liaises and coordinates with internal and external contacts in order to resolve non-standard queries and problems and to obtain non-standard information relevant to assigned work.
- Ensures proper coordination with relevant departments for reviews and meetings so that relevant and appropriate information are passed on promptly or referred to other concerned staff.
- Prepares relevant memoranda, correspondences, minutes of the meeting and other relevant project documents in timely and accurate manner, without missing or incorrect attachments/information.
- Ensures that the processing timeline is monitored properly to be able to achieve the projected Board date.
- Ensures the effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Ensures the office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Performs certain standard activities such as maintaining adequate stocks of office supplies as required.
- Relieves other Operations Assistants when they are absent, as required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an international organization.
- Familiar with computer systems used generally in multilateral organizations.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
- Ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.