Deadline: 21 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Procurement Specialist will support work planning and overall quality control of outputs for the division.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support work planning and control over the quality of output for the division.
- Provide guidance to other Procurement Specialists.
- Ensure proper coordination with other Departments on the implementation of ADB’s procurement procedures and guidelines.
- Review prequalification/bidding documents, procurement evaluation reports, draft Procurement Committee papers, etc. and provides technical guidance and advice, as appropriate, in accordance with ADB policies and procedures around procurement.
- Participate in the design, processing, and administration of complex and high-priority loan and technical assistance projects in the context of procurement planning and assessment.
- Participate in the evaluation of complex projects and preparation of completion reports in the context of compliance with ADB’s procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Undertake country procurement assessments in coordination with Resident Missions and possibly with other development agencies.
- Lead the initiation, planning and implementation of projects aimed at modernizing policies and improving processes around procurement.
- Lead in the coordination with other development agencies for harmonization of policies around complex procurement issues.
- Coordinate and deliver Business Opportunities Seminars.
- Create and lead multidisciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Manage the performance of teams and individuals providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team and individuals and ensure their on-going learning and development.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or other related fields.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- 12 years of relevant professional experience in procurement, project management or other related area.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.