Deadline: 7 July 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Procurement Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the design, processing, administration, and evaluation of loan and TA projects with emphasis on procurement and project administration.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams such as PPFD, Regional Departments, and developing member countries (DMCs) in developing, refining and monitoring country, sector and project performance indicators to promote project quality and improve portfolio performance.
- Chair Consultant Selection Committee meetings to shortlist consultants and evaluate their proposals.
Oversee and negotiate TA contracts with consultants.
- Process and administer TA projects associated with procurement, project administration and country procurement systems; provide technical guidance and advice for developing project processing and administration systems.
- Oversee and review borrowers’ procurement actions and submissions for engaging consultants under ADB loans.
- Provide technical guidance and advice as appropriate in accordance with ADB procurement policies and procedures.
- Formulate procurement policy and procedures, and project administration instructions.
- Coordinate the harmonization of procurement policy with other development agencies.
- Lead projects/assignments involving moderate to high levels of risk with many variables, requiring constant review of deliverables and process, and multi-discipline including those outside of own field of expertise.
- Perform work independently in own field of specialization, equipped with knowledge and experience of multiple disciplines.
- Act as the Secretary of the Procurement Committee (PC), if assigned.
- Act as unit coordinator for a PPFD Regional Department Unit, if assigned.
- Deliver tailored training to ADB and executing agency staff to develop skills in procurement, consulting services and project administration in accordance with ADB policies and guidelines.
- Deliver Business Opportunities Seminars.
- Contribute new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, management, or related fields.
- University Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, management, or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- 12 year’s relevant experience in procurement, project management or other related area in infrastructure (transport, energy, water sectors) projects, at senior levels (e.g., leading teams).
- Experience in applying expertise in an international setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Ability to perform effectively as a team/unit lead, exercising supervision, coordination, and planning responsibilities over multi-disciplinary team/unit.
- Ability to mentor team members, providing guidance and advice on delivery of services.
- Ability to coach team members to develop their capabilities/potential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.