Deadline: 14 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Urban Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Principal Urban Development Specialist will oversee the formulation and articulation of policy and strategies on urban development and urban environmental improvement, urban and regional planning, public-private partnership in urban service provision, and urban/municipal management and finance.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Urban Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the review of urban development policy, related legal and regulatory framework and assess progress towards achieving sustainable economic development and poverty reduction in DMCs.
- Undertake and oversee policy dialogue with governments and other stakeholders on the urban development thematic area, promote efficient use of resources and encourage participatory approaches to development planning and financing.
- Ensure quality and compliance of lending and non-lending products and operations with respect to urban development policy and strategies.
- Lead preparation, administration of loan and TA projects in urban development, incorporating ADB’s priorities, such as climate change, gender and social inclusion, and public-private partnerships.
- Continuously assess urban development policies, strategies and programs with a view of ensuring comparability to best practices and responsiveness to development needs of DMCs.
- Ensure the development impact of the urban development portfolio through monitoring and evaluation.
- Extract embedded knowledge from ADB urban projects, develop and disseminate knowledge products and services (KPS) related to urban sector issues and projects.
- Oversee and provide key inputs to support review of ADB policies, procedures, and guidelines paper as requested.
- Create and lead multidisciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work.
- Supervise the performance of teams and individuals providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in urban and regional planning, urban or environmental management, business administration, economics or other related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- 12 years of relevant professional experience in urban development and urban environmental improvement or related area, proven track record of leadership in preparation of urban sector roadmaps, project preparation as well as in project administration.
- Experience and successful record of demonstrated performance and capacity as mission leader in processing complex loan and TA projects and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.