Deadline: 31 January 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Water Resources Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Water Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the development of sector strategy options for ADB-supported activities in the water resource development, climate change adaptation in the water sector, rural infrastructure, and water-induced disaster management.
- Undertake and supervise economic, thematic, and sector work in emerging challenges in water resource management, climate change adaptation, and water-related disaster management, and identifies investment opportunities to promote climate adaptation, integrated water resources management and integrated rural development.
- Lead the partnership and cooperation between ADB and relevant regional counterparts in the water sector as well as water programs of multilateral and bilateral partners and private sector including non-government organizations (NGOs).
- Serve as a focal point for sector operations in one or more countries, prepares country sector road map with due focus on climate adaptation, and contributes to preparation of Country Partnership Strategies and Country Operation Business Plans.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in water resources, hydrology, agricultural or civil engineering or University Degree and at least 5 year’s specialized experience relevant to the position preferably with practical working experience in disaster management, coastal and flood management and climate adaptation.
- At least 12 year’s relevant professional experience in water sector project planning, design, construction supervision and administration, including field work.
- Demonstrate capability to effectively conduct policy dialogue and interact and liaise with a broad range of stakeholders, including government officials, other development partners, civil society, and ADB Management and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.