Deadline: 7 July 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist/Senior Procurement Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist/Senior Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Undertake country/sector and agency procurement risk assessments as part of the country partnership strategy process.
- Advise on project design and procurement approach at project concept stage.
- Advise on preparation of terms of reference for procurement consultants under Transaction Technical Assistance (TRTA) and recruitment of TRTA consultants.
- Participate as a member of project processing teams, take responsibility for the preparation of strategic procurement plan report at project processing stage.
- Endorse procurement plans and prepare procurement components of Report and Recommendation to the President (RRP) and Program/Project Administration Manual (PAM), and Project Readiness Facility (if applicable).
- Provide training to executing agencies on the methodology for conducting strategic procurement planning and the roles and responsibilities of government counterparts.
- Proactively participate in departmental, divisional and RM meetings, including portfolio review meetings, project review missions, and loan/grant negotiations, and provide feedback to PFP1/2 regional head or Director PFP1/2, as appropriate on country- or portfolio-specific issues.
- Proactively support and participate in coordination meetings with other donors to review the national public procurement systems.
- Promote and ensure that the assigned division/RM complies with its obligations to input transactions in Procurement Review System (PRS).
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in business administration, economics, engineering, public procurement, public policy, or other related fields.
- University Degree in business administration, economics, engineering, public procurement, public policy, or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- 8 year’s of relevant experience in procurement, project management or other related area.
- Work experience in infrastructure (transport, energy, water sectors) projects is an advantage.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Familiarity with multilateral development bank’s (MDBs) current procurement and consulting services policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with ADB’s/MDB’s current procurement and consulting services policies and procedures.
- Significant expertise within a specific area or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Credible expert in field of expertise with recognized ability to lead projects and to share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.