Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Associate in Manila, Philippines.
The Research Associate will be working on transparency for development projects in various municipalities in the Philippines.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Associate will perform the following functions-
- Coordinating training of data collection team.
- Tracking program status and randomization compliance during roll-out.
- Obtaining complete data collection.
- Managing, hiring, and monitoring staff working on the project.
- Conducting qualitative research including running focus groups.
- Running pilot exercises.
- Help in refining study design and surveying instruments.
- Negotiating contracts with survey firms where necessary.
- Overall finance oversight on the project.
- Checking and analyzing data.
- Assisting in the writing of project reports.
- Coordinating with local partners running the programs being evaluated.
- Supporting outreach to policymakers in country.
- Organizing logistics for the field teams.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or Master’s studies in economics, social sciences, public policy or related fields.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree with developing country field work experience will also be considered.
- Training in development economics.
- Experience living and conducting field research in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with quantitative skills.
- Ability to present positions and to negotiate with senior officials.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Knowledge of Stata (preferred) SAS or other data analysis software.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV with cover letter through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.