Deadline: 22 February 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Climate Finance Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Climate Finance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead discussions with the ETM feasibility study team and core partners on country fund structuring including the Southeast Asia regional partnership platform, the carbon reduction fund and the clean energy fund.
- Upon establishment of the pilot funds, serves as the main ADB focal staff for monitoring fund performance, is involved in fund governance, and collects lessons to reflect in the design of the scale up phase.
- Undertake a wide range of initiatives related to climate change and falling under the mandate of SERD and SEEN, some of which contributing to mainstream climate change considerations in ADB operations.
- Provide technical input on policies and strategies that can achieve co-benefits, including greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) reduction, better air quality, improved energy efficiency and enhanced energy security, and mainstream climate change mitigation and adaptation component and activities in planning and project development and implementation.
- Provide advice, and supports developing policies, strategies, and processes to improve the utilization of climate finance resources and enhance program/project outcomes.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Energy/Environmental Policy, Civil Engineering, Environmental Economics or other related fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree in related fields and at least 5 year’s specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant professional experience including international work experience is required.
- Proven experience in structuring and/or establishing and/or managing climate funds (preferably including private sector equity/investment funds) is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in working with multilateral or bilateral development agencies in the Asia-Pacific region, in relation to climate change and energy sector operations, preferably with focus on Southeast Asia.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.