Deadline: 5 October 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Digital Technology Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Digital Technology Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support ADB’s digital technology for development strategies in coordination with sector/thematic groups, operational departments as well as relevant departments/units in ADB.
- Serve as a key focal point for coordination with other departments concerning ICT and digital technology matters.
- Track global trends in digital technologies including Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, eCommerce, eGovernment, Digital Communications, Social Networking, Earth Observation and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) relevant to ADB’s operations.
- Lead policy dialogues and readiness assessments for DMCs in integrating digital technology in country partnership strategies, country operations business plans, pipeline development, and projects/programs.
- Track global trends on leading global technology platforms to provide guidance to ADB staff, development partners and DMC’s.
- Provide assistance with ADB staff, development partners and DMC’s on the development of regional digital economies that promote inclusive economic development.
- Support ADB efforts to promote regional technology startup ecosystems across member countries.
- Build relationships with leading technology organizations to support ADB partnerships, capacity building and development programs.
- Provide direct technical support for operations across concept, design and implementation stages of ADB projects/programs in various sectors and thematic areas
- Process and implement regional knowledge and support technical assistance in digital technology and ICT for ADB operations.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in public policy, public administration, business administration, engineering, computer science, or information technology.
- 10 year’s experience with leading agile teams with diverse skills that provide solutions to complex development projects including international experience working on development in several countries.
- Experience in 2 or more of the following areas Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, eCommerce, eGovernment, Digital Communications, Social Networking, Earth Observation and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Knowledge combined with experiences in development and ability to promote digital transformation.
- Knowledge of global network of professional relationships across the development and technology sectors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.