Deadline: 20 April 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions:
- Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to the identification of new directions and approaches to improve ADB’s capacity for promoting trade and investment and leading research projects on RCI pillars.
- Provide leadership in technical and operational matters on the above areas, including on trade policy, through knowledge sharing as well as global and regional consultations.
- Regional Economic Integration
- Contribute to ERCI’s support for trade and investment facilitation to various regional forums such as Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), ASEAN+3, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), East Asia Summit (EAS), Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), and other new inter-subregional cooperation forums.
- Economic Research Work
- Conduct research on regional development issues related to financial sector development and market integration.
- Contribute substantially to ADB flagship publications such as the Asian Economic Integration Report with focus on monetary and financial cooperation and integration-related topics.
- Knowledge Management and Networking
- Participate in research dissemination, networking, and capacity building activities either independently or jointly with other institutions.
- Liaise with developing member country Governments, regional institutions, and international organizations on regional economic cooperation and integration issues.
- External and Internal Networks
- Liaise with developing member country (DMC) Governments, and other international institutions on RCI.
- Develop partnerships with global and regional institutions that deal with RCI initiatives.
- Staff Supervision
- Take the role of team leader and supervise the work of team members
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicant must have:
- Post-graduate Degree (preferably at Doctorate level) in economics or related field with specialization in international trade and finance, economic integration, and development economics is required.
- At least 10 year’s international professional experience (including research and teaching experience during graduate school years) in the field of international trade and finance, economic integration, and development economics is required.
- Research experience in relevant institutions such as in academia, international organizations, thinktanks, central banks and investment banks is preferable.
- Ability to undertake economic research independently is required.
- Relevant publication records in economic research are required.
- Strong background in econometric analysis is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.