Deadline: 17 May 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Evaluation Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Contribute and/or prepare systematic reviews, synthesis notes, topical papers, working papers and other evaluation products, with focus on infrastructure and finance sector development and private sector operations.
- Prepare project/program and technical assistance (TA) performance evaluation reports concerning infrastructure and finance sector development and private sector operations.
- Contribute to joint evaluations on select projects with development partners.
- Lead and/or contribute to the preparation and quality assurance initiatives on validations of project/program completion reports for sectors covered by the division.
- Provide comments on draft evaluation reports and ADB operational documents according to his/her skills and specialization.
- Disseminate evaluation findings and promotes learning from evaluations in ADB, among development partners and developing member countries.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Division Director or duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in public administration, engineering, finance, business administration, economics or development studies, University Degree in any of these fields and at least 5 year’s specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- At least 10 year’s relevant experience in the areas of private sector operations, infrastructure and/or finance sector development.
- Experience in project, sector and country/regional operations (e.g., country portfolio and program, institutions, policy) and/or development evaluation and outreach in developing countries, relevant experience in the Asia-Pacific region is preferred.
- Significant expertise in a specific sector/theme area or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area private sector operations, infrastructure and finance sector development.
- Familiar with development strategy, policy, issues, and practices, in a multilateral and/or bilateral context is desired.
- Aptitude toward applied research and preparing evaluations is desired, conducting country/sector/project-level analysis including operational, economic, institutional and policy analysis and reforms, macroeconomics, economic and financial analysis.
- Ability to perform effectively as a team leader, exercising supervision, coordination, and planning responsibilities over multi-disciplinary unit.
- Ability to conceptualize and evaluate complex development issues and problems, and to carry out effective communication and dialogue on these topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.