Deadline: 2 December 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Specialist/ Investment Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Specialist/ Investment Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead and conduct industry and market research to learn of fund management teams in Asia that align with ADB’s PE investment strategy and mandate for the private sector.
- Lead and undertake due diligence, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of private equity fund investments.
- Lead, cultivate and maintain relationships with those fund managers in order to position ADB for co-investment opportunities.
- Lead and analyze potential fund investment opportunities, including evaluating the fund manager’s track record, investment strategy, value-add, and investment team.
- Draft and present internal proposals for approval by ADB’s Investment Committee and Board.
- Lead ADB’s internal approvals process including interfacing with credit, safeguards, integrity, legal and other teams as well as management and the ADB Board.
- Actively manage fund investments post-closing, including monitoring fund financial performance and activities (relating to capital deployment, exits, conflicts of interests, valuation, key person triggers, etc.), supporting fund monitoring (AMRs, QMRs, WACs), ensuring compliance with investment strategy, covenants, environmental and social safeguard requirements, and recommending corrective actions as necessary.
- Represent ADB as the designated representative on the advisory committee of selected funds.
- Prepare technical assistance (TA) papers and applications for TA funding (either as stand-alone TAs or components of investment).
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in finance, engineering, business or related fields.
- University Degree combined with a specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- 10 year’s of relevant professional experience developing private sector infrastructure, financial services, agribusiness, healthcare care or educations equity and/or debt transactions.
- Experience utilizing blended finance involving the structuring, negotiating and monitoring of co-Investment transactions financed by third-party donor funds.
- Understand of clean energy and energy efficient technologies, different financial products in non-sovereign operations, and the nature of enabling environments in ADB’s Developing Member Countries.
- Experience working with private sector arms of multilateral development banks on bilateral blended finance facilities, climate investment fund or green climate fund programs, carbon funds or other publicly funded climate finance initiatives.
- Knowledge of international climate finance architecture and concessional climate change funds.
- Experience working in development in several countries.
- Experience in emerging market financing, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently with good presentation skills in one-on-one settings or to larger groups (inside and outside of ADB).
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with large, culturally diverse teams at all levels.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.