Deadline: 30 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Legal Officer in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Legal Officer will provide legal and analytical support to Counsels in the review of procurement documents relating to ADB-financed projects and other contractual matters as directed.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Legal Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide advice and assistance to counsels in ensuring that borrowers comply with procurement policies and procedures by reviewing and comparing the documents against the procurement documentation model, completing the checklist and finalizing comments for dissemination to Regional Departments upon approval of the Supervising Counsel.
- Review Bid Evaluation Reports and Prequalification Evaluation Reports submitted by Executing Agencies of ADB-funded projects and ensure that evaluations are done in accordance with ADB procurement policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to counsels in the review of documents for the procurement of equipment and services required for ADB’s day-to-day operations and finalize the comments, upon approval of the supervising counsel.
- Review final submissions to the Procurement Committee prior to having the Procurement Committee Paper signed and approved by the Assistant General Counsel to ensure that the submission addresses issues that have been raised by the Office of General Counsel (OGC).
- Provide assistance to counsels in responding to queries from Regional Departments and Resident Missions on specific procurement related matters and issues.
- Advice on potential risks of failure or weakness in assigned ADB operations and recommends preventive action.
- Contribute to OGC’s advice on enhancing ADB’s procurement policies.
- Participate in inter-departmental analysis of procurement policy and complex procurement cases.
- Carry out research work on decisions that have been previously taken by ADB on specific procurement issues that can serve as a basis for formulating legal views on major procurement issues.
- Plan and schedule work assignments of subordinate staff.
- Provide advice to subordinate staff in the review of procurement documentation.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and related fields, preferably with Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- Member of Philippine bar preferred.
- 8 years of relevant experience in a corporation or law firm or other relevant experience, in working on legal aspects of procurement, such as in the position of contract officer and at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- In-depth knowledge of project and portfolio management practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with projects-related procurement of goods and services.
- Ability to manage time to handle heavy workloads involving multiple projects.
- Ability to work with OGC lawyers and other ADB staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.