Deadline: 3 March 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Portfolio Management Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Portfolio Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the assessment of the department’s overall portfolio indicators, analyze the factors that affect project implementation progress and effectiveness in achieving results, and contribute to the development and implementation of the department’s strategies and policies to improve portfolio performance.
- Support quality assurance in project implementation and monitoring of all relevant project administration tasks, including review of documents and inputs in e-Operations as well as monitoring of deployment of project administration missions.
- Facilitate SERD’s coordination of activities related to SERD portfolio management such as portfolio performance review meetings, verify the accuracy and completeness of portfolio progress and status reports, and disseminate the relevant information to sector divisions (SDs)/resident missions (RMs).
- Review, track and closely monitor portfolio data on projects at risk, potential projects at risk, and technical assistance (TAs) active 90 days after actual closing date. Under the supervision of the designated International Staff, identify areas for improvement in the implementation of these projects and TAs, and develop enhancement tools and efficiency measures based on analyzed data.
- Monitor timely preparation and finalization of project completion reports (PCRs) and TA completion reports (TCRs), and review and provide comments on the draft PCRs and TCRs to ensure quality of project data.
- Assist SEOD’s leadership in the provision of guidance to project administration units (PAUs) in the SDs and RMs in assessing and analyzing project status, identifying current and potential issues, and proactively taking corrective and preventive measures in addressing those issues.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business administration or a field related to development, preferably with Master’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience; 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with infrastructure sector portfolio is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of a multilateral institution’s procedures and policies in a wide range of areas including project processing, project administration, accounting, budgeting and general administration.
- Ability to research, analyze and check data from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies and perform statistical calculations.
- For internal applicants – Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation preferred (non-accredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within one year of appointment).
- Ability to conduct analyses of operational and procedural issues and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the department’s operational work.
- Strong analytical thinking with ability to analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation is an advantage.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.