Deadline: 7 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will provide assistance, technical guidance and capacity development to ensure compliance with ADB’s procurement (goods, works, and consulting services) policies and procedures.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
Review borrowers procurement actions and submissions for engaging consultants under ADB loans.
- Provide technical guidance and advice as appropriate in accordance with ADB procurement policies and procedures.
- Participate and provide analytical support in the design, processing, administration, and evaluation of loan and TA projects with emphasis on procurement and contract management.
- Support and work with OSFMD, Regional Departments, and developing member countries in developing, refining and monitoring country, sector and project performance indicators to promote project quality and improve portfolio performance.
- Support actively Regional Departments during processing and administration missions and provide quality input as required in the relevant Board documents.
- Formulate procurement policy and procedures, and project administration instructions.
- Coordinate the harmonization of procurement policy with other development agencies.
- Perform work independently in own field of specialization, equipped with knowledge and experience of multiple disciplines.
- Deliver tailored training to ADB and executing agency staff to develop skills in procurement, consulting services, and project administration in accordance with ADB policies and guidelines.
- Deliver Business Opportunities Seminars.
- Propose and participate actively in various initiatives leading to improving OSFMD’s quality of service provided to Regional Departments.
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Public Procurement, Public Policy, or other related fields.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Public Procurement, Public Policy, or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- For internal applicants – Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation preferred (non-accredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within one year of appointment).
- 10 years of relevant experience in procurement, project management or other related area.
- Work experience in infrastructure (transport, energy, water sectors) projects is an advantage.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.