Deadline: 24 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Procurement Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will provide assistance, technical guidance and capacity development to ensure compliance with ADB’s procurement (goods, works, and consulting services) policies and procedures.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Procurement/Consulting Services Advice:
- Review borrowers’ procurement actions and submissions for engaging consultants under ADB loans.
- Provide technical guidance and advice as appropriate in accordance with ADB procurement policies and procedures.
- Project Management Support:
- Participate and provide analytical support in the design, processing, administration, and evaluation of loan and TA projects with emphasis on procurement and contract management.
- Support and work with OSFMD, Regional Departments, and developing member countries in developing, refining and monitoring country, sector and project performance indicators to promote project quality and improve portfolio performance.
- Policy/Procedure Setting and Improvement:
- Formulate procurement policy and procedures, and project administration instructions.
- Coordinate the harmonization of procurement policy with other development agencies.
- Knowledge Sharing and Capacity Development:
- Deliver tailored training to ADB and executing agency staff to develop skills in procurement, consulting services, and project administration in accordance with ADB policies and guidelines.
- Deliver Business Opportunities Seminars.
- Staff Supervision:
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Public Procurement, Public Policy, or other related fields.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Public Procurement, Public Policy, or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- 10 years of relevant experience in procurement, project management or other related area.
- Work experience in infrastructure (transport, energy, water sectors) projects is an advantage.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.