Deadline: 6 October 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Social Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Conduct policy dialogue independently and works with multi-disciplinary teams to support the development of social sector policies and strategies in the PRC and Mongolia, including approaches and priority areas for investment, and optimal funding modalities (i.e., policy-based loans, results-based lending, public-private partnerships, etc).
- Participate as a member of country teams and provides input to country partnership strategies on health and elderly care, education and skills development, social protection and other social sector issues, with a preference for expertise in education and skills development.
- Lead team in the identification, development, processing and administration of loans and TA projects in the social sectors, ensuring compliance with ADB guidelines, staff instructions, and business processes.
- Produce sector and thematic studies, advocacy and other knowledge products on social sector policy issues and participates in the relevant ADB sector and thematic groups, keeping abreast of the latest sector developments and issues.
- Provide technical, processing and administrative support, and mentoring to other staff as required.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff providing clear direction, learning and development opportunities, and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in social sciences, or a related specialized field.
- University Degree in related fields combined with at 2 year’s relevant professional experience can be considered.
- 10 year’s of relevant professional experience including international work experience.
- Experience of public-private partnerships and in private sector operations would be an asset.
- Ability to process loan and/or TA projects showing incorporation of innovation and management of operational complexity.
- Ability to administer social sector loan projects and concurrently deliver outputs on multiple complex assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.