Deadline: 14 October 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Social Sector Economist / Social Sector Economist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Social Sector Economist / Social Sector Economist will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the development and implementation of ADB strategy in the human and social development sectors to support Southeast Asian countries post-COVID-19 recovery strategies and programs, leads or participates in relevant economic, thematic, and sector work and assessment, participates in policy dialogue and strategy level discussions with key government stakeholders on social policies to ensure that ADB strategy remains responsive to client’s needs.
- Lead or participate in missions to identify, develop, and administer lending programs and projects, TA, and non-lending products and services related to labor market policies and programs and workforce development.
- Assess the impact of climate change and climate change actions on the labor market and work force transformation to low carbon economy.
- Provide advisory and knowledge services to DMCs and designs appropriate programs and projects supporting workforce transition to low carbon economy.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, PhD, or equivalent, preferably in economics, public sector management or social sciences.
- University Degree in a related field and at least 5 year’s specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- At least 8/10 year’s relevant professional experience, including as project leader in the preparation and implementation of human and social development policies, programs and projects.
- Demonstrate experience in engaging with governments on social policies and investment programs, in relation to post-COVID-19 recovery strategy is a significant advantage.
- Proven ability to work and coordinate in multi-disciplinary teams and across different units in an organization, including projects or initiatives involving public and private sector dimensions, is required.
- Familiarity with business operations and procedures of ADB or comparable Multilateral Development Banks is a significant advantage.
- Ability to mentor team members, provide them guidance and advice on technical and operations related matters is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.