Deadline: 31 May 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support the development of social sector policy and strategies in PDMCs with relevant government agencies, meeting social challenges at national and local levels, as well as innovative programs that would accelerate achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Undertake policy dialogue with governments and other donor organizations on social sector development areas, including in gender, health, education and social protection, promotes efficient use of resources and encourages participatory approaches to development planning, financing and sustainability.
- Participate in country teams and provide sector and gender inputs for Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) and Country Operations Business Plan.
- Conduct thematic work around the areas of social development in the context of sustainable inclusive economic development, gender equality and poverty reduction.
- Liaise and coordinates with development agencies and supports social sector operations and gender operations of ADB in upstream portfolio development work, including targeted sector assessments, diagnostics and roadmaps.
- Lead the development, processing, and administration of loan and grant projects, technical assistance, and preparation of knowledge products in the social sector in the Pacific region, in coordination with PASP staff working in these areas.
- Ensure key social development, poverty reduction and gender dimensions are incorporated into projects.
- Develop and maintain a suitable network in the social sectors to keep abreast of the latest developments and issues.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Education, Health, Anthropology, Sociology, Applied Social Science or related field.
- University Degree and at least 5 year’s specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- At least 8 year’s relevant professional experience in social development, including project administration and research.
- Experience in application of multilateral development bank’s policies and procedures for social development.
- International experience working in development in several countries, preferably with demonstrated experience at the field level in the Pacific region.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.