Deadline: 27 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Social Development Specialist will provide technical support to the division gender focal points and resident mission gender officers to enable gender mainstreaming across the East Asia Department (EARD).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Strategy and Planning:
- Support EARD divisions and RM’s in the overall implementation of ADB’s Policies on GAD and ADB-wide Gender OP; report on EARD’s implementation of the Gender OP.
- Lead, coordinate and provide guidance to Resident Mission Gender Officers/focal points on best practices in gender mainstreaming, work plan development and progress.
- Project Management:
- Assist project teams and divisional Social Development Specialists to incorporate and mainstream gender concerns into relevant EARD investment projects and programs through preparation of project- specific gender action plans and other measures.
- In collaboration with the EARD gender focal points and RM specialists, develop EARD monitoring guidelines and assist EA’s and IAs in implementing and reporting on project gender action plans (GAPs) or provisions, and provide guidance to Project Team Leaders, Social Development Specialists, and RM-based Gender Officers in assisting government staff or project consultants involved with GAP implementation.
- Knowledge Sharing:
- Develop, publish, and disseminate knowledge products on gender issues in East Asia region, in collaboration with EARD Social Development Specialists and RM-based Gender Officers.
- Develop knowledge sharing events and initiatives on GAD for audiences from EARD, the DMCs and other regional partners.
- Staff Supervision:
- Provide leadership, technical guidance and support to EARD RM Gender Officers and divisional Social Development Specialist.
- Regularly liaise with RM-based Gender Officers and respective Country Directors on GAD matters.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in gender or development studies, anthropology, sociology, economics, applied social science or other related fields.
- University degree in gender, anthropology, sociology, economics, applied social science or other related fields, combined with specialize experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in gender and development, planning and implementation, social development including poverty-related issues across sectors, or related area as well as in project administration.
- Experience in application of multilateral development bank’s policies and procedures for gender mainstreaming and social development.
- International experience working in gender and development in several countries, preferably with demonstrated experience at the field level in the East Asia region.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.