Deadline: 2 February 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Transport Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Transport Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of strategies for the transport sector in DMCs in consultation with relevant government agencies and Resident Missions (RMs).
- Participate in country programming activities and regional activities for the transport sector and ensure that operational strategies and programs for the sector are adequately reflected in the resulting country/regional programming documents.
- Manage and administer loan, grant and TA projects in the transport sector.
- Identify opportunities for ADB support in the transport sector in the region and integrate ADB’s policies and guidelines in the design and implementation of transport sector projects.
- Undertake analysis of the transport sector and policies with a view of ensuring comparability to best practices and responsiveness to development needs of DMCs.
- Evaluate cost and benefits of projects as well as draw lessons for future projects.
- Evaluate the impacts of projects to ensure compliance with ADB policies, guidelines, practices on project development and administration.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external training and conferences on the transport sector and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in transport/civil engineering, transport economics, business administration or other related fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in transport/civil engineering, transport economics, business administration or related fields combined with relevant professional experience in procurement of large-size civil works contracts or their contract management can be considered.
- 8 year’s of relevant professional experience in transport sector project management, including international experience working in several countries.
- Knowledge on, and experiences in, rural road network planning, technical and economic viability assessment of rural road projects, or long-term sustainability assessment of rural road O&M mechanism will be preferred.
- Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation preferred (non-accredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within 1 year of appointment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.