Deadline: 5 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Strategy and Policy Officer in Manila, Philippines.
The Associate Strategy and Policy Officer will be responsible to provide analytical, methodological, and logistical support to the planning of the Market-based Ordinary Capital (MOL) resource allocation at corporate and departmental levels; support annual planning cycle with analytical inputs; and assist in setting and mainstreaming monitoring of performance.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Strategy and Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical, analytical, and administrative support in the preparation of ADB’s strategic and operational planning documents, through analytical and methodological inputs, including:
- Planning directions.
- Resources available for approval.
- Work program and budget framework.
- Budget document.
- Operational resource parameters.
- Other required analysis and reports, including review of policies.
- Provide technical, analytical, and administrative support in the preparation of briefing notes and background material for operations review meetings with Vice Presidents and management committee meetings on operations.
- Support evolution of planning function facilitating stronger effectiveness of ADB’s operations.
- Support analysis of the Operations Management Meetings.
- Provide analysis and information on operations to Management, among others for the preparation of monthly operational reports to the Office of the President (OPR).
Applicants must have-
- Bachelors’ degree with major in Economics, Management, Public Policy / Administration, or a related field, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in an operational department.
- Previous experience in economic monitoring would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with available databases that provide information useful to DSA (e.g., CEIC, various IMF databases, GFS, Bloomberg).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of strategic planning, policy and operation analysis.
- Understanding of ADB’s strategic thrust, as well as internal operational policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge and practical skills in ADB-adopted computer applications and advanced knowledge of database management software, excel, etc.
- Familiarity with economic and policy analysis in the context of ADB’s operations.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.