Deadline: 24 April 2017
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Programme Coordinator in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Represent, lead and manage UN-Women’s Office in Argentina.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the country programme annual workplan and individual programme workplans, including budget and results framework.
- Manage delivery of the day-to-day programme activities to ensure prompt and adequate delivery of results.
- Ensure effective use of resources and compliance with UN Women rules, policies, and procedures as well as donor/fund requirements.
- Prepare for programme audits and implement its recommendations.
- Represent UN-Women and build relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the country programme; respond to any potential problems.
- Manage capacity building opportunities and initiatives of key institutions and mechanisms.
- Provide timely inputs and suggestions on programmatic areas.
- Provide partners with technical assistance, training, and capacity development initiatives as needed.
- Write financial reports in accordance with UN Women procedures and submit the reports to the Regional Office and donors.
- Supervise and coach programme staff and manage performance.
- Write terms of reference for new staff, consultants and contractors and oversee the recruitment process, as necessary.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in international relations, development studies, public policy, gender or other social science field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national and/or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Proven experience in the in the field of gender and/or human rights of women is required.
- At least 2 year of supervisory and office management experience.
- Prior experience in the UN System is an advantage.
- Knowledge and work experience in Argentina is required.
- Experience in working independently with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.