Deadline: 25 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Officer in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender Officer will perform the following functions-
- Effective implementation of all PIP operations.
- Effective and accurate financial resources management.
- Efficient procurement and logistical services management.
- Efficient support to tasks related to advocacy, programming, monitoring and evaluation, and representation.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in social policy, public policy, politics, economics, development studies or a related area.
- Bachelor University Degree with additional 2 year’s of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience in recovery and development, with special focus on addressing the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment in crisis and post-conflict countries.
- Knowledge of Somalia context is an asset.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a project management role.
- Experience with ATLAS or another platform for enterprise financial resource management an asset.
- Previous experience with UNDP or UN Women preferred and good knowledge of UNDP rules and procedures is desirable.
- Strong diplomatic skills in handling counterpart relations.
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.