Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy Officer in Brussels, Belgium.
UNHCR’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitor and research the developments, undertake analysis and reporting on EU and other matters in support of the field or of UNHCR’s advocacy and liaison to the EU.
- Participate in meetings concerning relevant protection/policy issues and areas as required.
- Contribute to preparation of oral and written briefings and background notes, talking points, reports and other documents for the Head of Unit, Director and other personnel as required, and assist in briefing staff travelling to the assigned geographic areas as necessary, to ensure that current issues are properly understood.
- Assist in preparation and facilitation of training on asylum and refugee policy and protection issues and European Union asylum policy matters, for UNHCR personnel and outside interlocutors.
- Participate in discussions among NGOs in Brussels on advocacy work, in order to promote collaborative and aligned strategies to promote protection principles in Europe and in relevant other countries.
- Promote UNHCR’s priorities and positions with governmental and non-governmental partners.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- University degree (BA) in law, political science, international relations, or another relevant area.
- Minimum 8 years of professional working experience relevant to the function, of which, 3 years should be in an international capacity.
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and a good knowledge of another relevant UN language or European language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNHCR.