Deadline: 24 May 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy Specialist in Dili, Timor Leste.
The Policy Specialist will provide support to the Secretariat.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Supporting the work planning, monitoring and reporting of the Secretariat.
- Contribute to the capacity building of the Secretariat through mentoring and training activities of secretariat staff as requested.
- Working closely with the team for all types of administrative, technical and logistical support to major national and international events.
- Conducting all responsibilities with an appropriate level of support and regard for confidentiality.
- Support the preparation of background documents, discussion papers, briefing notes, speaking points, letters, and PowerPoint presentations for use during g7+ high level meetings and other events.
- Providing language quality assurance on correspondence and documents sent out by the Secretariat.
- Regular support on email, teleconference/video conference communication in French including translation of emails and short documents from English into French and vice versa.
- Working with the communications officer to ensure the French component of the g7+ website is kept fully up to date.
- Providing translation and interpretation support in bilateral meetings with Francophone counterparts.
Applicants must have-
- Post graduate qualification in international relations, public administration, development studies, or other relevant area.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience of working or living in a developing country, preferably a g7+ member country.
- Experience in supporting and coaching others to deliver change.
- English and French language skills and the ability to write and communicate at a working level are required.
- Knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.