Deadline: 24 July 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Country Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Principal Country Specialist will be responsible to lead and oversee country economic analysis and assessments and facilitate the design and monitoring of the Philippines Knowledge Plan.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Country Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Lead design, development and monitoring of the Philippines CPS and COBP.
- Oversee collaboration and coordination with SERD sector teams and with relevant stakeholders in the Philippines to identify new business opportunities for sovereign operations.
- Closely collaborate and coordinate with OPPP and PSOD and with relevant stakeholders in the Philippines to promote a One-ADB approach to identifying and developing opportunities for sovereign and non-sovereign operations.
- Oversee the development of networks and strategic partnerships with government, private sector, academia and civil society counterparts, and coordinate with ADB-projects and programs teams.
- Lead, Identify, design, develop, process and implement selected loan, TA and grant projects in the Philippines related to non-infrastructure sectors in close collaboration within SERD.
- Lead, design and develop the Philippines Country Knowledge Plan in close collaboration with SDCC, ERCD and SERD and with relevant government stakeholders and academia.
- Identify and foster partnerships with other development partners and private sector and identify and advance opportunities for co-financing.
- Conduct and proactively support economic, thematic and sector work in the Philippines, and substantially contribute to activities for advocacy, knowledge and capacity building around economic and social sector issues.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy or other related fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Thorough understanding of multilateral development bank’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent leadership qualities and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Relevant experience in the Philippines would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.