Deadline: 31 January 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Project Manager will be responsible for facilitating collaboration and ensuring accountability within the team for achieving the CDLG project objectives, and in turn contribute to the achievement of STRIDE and LDSP project objectives.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Project management:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the project, including managing project staff, hiring and overseeing external consultants, maintain working relations with key project partners.
- Act as the team focal point and assure excellent communications with donors, government partners (at all levels), implementing partners, etc..
- Responsible for finalizing baselines and targets of the project based on capacity needs assessment, and update project results and resource framework.
- Assist with resource mobilization, including through the development of concept notes, project documents and detailed budget plans.
- Responsible for the delivery of and reporting on project work plans.
- Maintain oversight of expenditures and ensure both value for money and efficient delivery in line with established targets.
- Maintain a roster of experts in key areas of local governance to provide capacity development support to local governments.
- Partnership engagement:
- Identify and engage in policy dialogue on strengthening the role of local governments across sectors and issues and with all actors including government, NGOs and citizenry, UN partners and the private sector, ensuring all voices are heard and share knowledge across teams so that the work of UNDP is known to all.
- Cultivate relationships with technical experts locally and internationally demonstrating UNDP Sri Lanka’s expertise and innovation.
- Demonstrate empathy for new partner perspectives by adapting analysis and policy to reflect their priorities.
- Team Collaboration
- Learn from colleagues and adapt to new thinking and approaches.
- Continually seek opportunities and linkages within broader country office efforts for local governance work.
- Support project team to lead on conducting learning seminars and discussion groups on relevant subjects.
- Knowledge building and management
- Support project team to collate insights and knowledge from project implementation and share information widely.
- Support project contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Capture and ensure wide dissemination and visibility of Project achievements, particularly with regard to local success stories.
- Ensure linkages with broader UNDP programmes.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in social policy, public policy, politics, economics, development studies or a related area.
- Master’s Degree with 7 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in development sector with specific experience in local governance and local development.
- Experience working with Government at national and sub-national level in Sri Lanka, and strong local networks within the sector.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects, specifically local governance projects.
- Strong management experience and a clear track record managing teams.
- Experience in supporting capacity development of local government institutions and strengthening systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil and strong English skills.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.