Deadline: 4 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Manager in Luanda, Angola.
The Social Policy Manager will be accountable for effective engagement in social policy dialogue with the Government for social protection programme development.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Policy Manager will perform the following functions-
- Participate in social policy dialogue and development with the Government, with a focus on Social protection.
- Engage in and establishes constructive dialogue and partnerships between international and local stakeholders to support the development of social protection policies and programmes contributing to the progressive realization of children’s rights and strengthening of implementation and monitoring mechanisms at all levels of society, and ensures that the services reach out in innovative, effective ways to those most vulnerable pockets of children and families that have been previously left out.
- Promote the advocacy for Social protection reform, supports child rights-based reviews of national, provincial and local legislation, in close consultation with community-level structures and supports the health and education sectors and the social welfare system for children.
- Monitor and updates current information on state budgeting and spending patterns for social protection programmes and decentralization status of social welfare services on an on-going basis to support advocacy for greater public resources and budget allocation for social development, the prioritization of resource allocation for children, and universal coverage of essential services for children, to ensure that they reflect the best interest of children.
- Collaborate with the central and local authorities to assist in planning, policy discussion and service delivery closely responding to the needs of local communities.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, public relations, media, communication, or other relevant disciplines.
- Eight (8) years of relevant (Social policy/protection, economics, public financing etc.) professional work experience in Social policy/protection, economics, public financing etc.
- Developing country work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.