Deadline: 13 December 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Specialist in Transportation Policy and Planning in Cuenca, Ecuador. The duration for this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Specialist in Transportation Policy and Planning will perform the following functions-
- Monitor and follow up on the studies previously carried out or in execution on this subject, which the GAD of Cuenca has and report to the Project Manager.
- Prepare the rules and ordinances related to the integrated transport system.
- Plan, monitor, follow up and support in the adjustment and preparation of calculations and designs that are required within the process of the integration of the urban mobility system of Cuenca.
- Schedule, coordinate or manage meetings with related institutions or individuals that are binding for the advancement of the integration of the transportation system.
- Prepare technical documentation and reports for the presentation to users, Steering Committee and Control Bodies.
- Support in the adaptation of processes, manuals and technical instructions for the integration of the operational and tariff system.
Applicants must have-
- It is required to provide Master’s degree in areas relevant to the project.
- The Master’s degree can be replaced by relevant additional experience and university degree at the bachelor’s level (equivalent bachelor degree).
- Spanish language proficiency is required.
- It will be valued to provide knowledge of the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.