Deadline: 2 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Procurement in Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala. The duration of this post is 7 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant Procurement will perform the following functions-
- Ensure compliance with procurement processes in accordance with the Procurement Manual UNOPS, Regulation and Financial Regulations and Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions issued by the UNOPS concerning Operations Management.
- Support in the preparation and monitoring of procurement plans for the project with good time management.
- Support in the procurement process which includes development of technical specifications, tender documentation, monitoring the bidding process or quotation, receipt of tenders and participation in committees evaluation and award processes.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes.
- Support coordination for the realization of publications, upload information to the portals of UNOPS, Guate purchases or other.
- Review of technical inputs from partners, aimed at the procurement of works, goods and / or services, in order to determine that they are complete, consistent and clear.
- Receiving, sorting and distribution of procurement orders from partners and defining requirements for procurement processes.
- Participate in negotiations for the start of relationship with contractors.
- To ensure and verify the performance of Procurement Assistant, performance evaluations will be conducted quarterly by the National Project Coordinator.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma required.
- Title desirable level degree or higher in careers related to the post.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in purchasing, procurement and contracting.
- Experience in similar positions with international cooperation, private or state initiative.
- Spanish language skills required.
- English language proficiency is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.