Deadline: 31 May 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Procurement Analyst in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Procurement Analyst will work independently on all or a combination of the following tasks and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Procurement Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Conduct review of draft Advance Contracting Notices and Invitation for Prequalification (IFPs)/Invitation for Bids (IFBs) sent by RD staff and provide initial comments on these notices, including verifying consistency with the bidding document, application of e-procurement and universal procurement.
- Secure Procurement Specialist’s clearance to post the IFPs/IFBs. Convert content to the required format for posting in adb.org.
- Coordinate with the United Nations Development Business (UNDB) for the inclusion of ADB notices in UNDB advertisement.
- Serve as Procurement Review System (PRS) system administrator and regularly update PPFD’s maintenance table.
- Provide inputs in formulating business requirements and enhancing existing functionalities of PRS in support of procurement reform.
- Provide inputs in formulating new features or enhancements of Electronic Procurement Approval Form (ePAF) in support of procurement reform.
- Participate in working group meeting and in user acceptance testing. Prepare or update ePAF’s quick reference guide.
- Respond to queries and provide support to ePAF user.
- Regularly collect and consolidate data from the approved ePAF, PRS, relevant financial system, and from RD staff and input relevant information to the high value procurement monitoring tracking sheet.
- Maintain and ensure consistency of information in the procurement sites and coordinate with relevant focal points for timely uploading of latest procurement documents and reports.
- Process procurement queries received from Information Request Tracking System (IRTS) found in adb.org, forward to concerned Procurement Specialist and follow up as needed.
- Coordinate with concerned Office of Administrative Services (OAS) unit for printing of documents.
- Monitor Electronic Government Procurement (eGP) system and country assessments, country action plans, and countries using (or piloting use of) Software as a System.
- Monitor projects and packages using eGP systems. Develop eGP data management system.
- Maintain eGP website and other social media accounts used to share eGP news and development globally to network members.
- Assist concerned supervisor in the recruitment and/or contract administration of consultants.
- Ensure that any request or query addressed to PSU is attended promptly and handled appropriately.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the PSU Head and other supervisors and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in law, business management, engineering, information technology or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered if procurement-related experience is demonstrated.
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Strong working experience in project management and procurement preferably gained working with private sector, government institutions and multilateral development financed projects.
- Strong analytical skills in dealing with and understanding of issues, challenges and opportunities related to project management and procurement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in collecting, managing, analyzing and interpreting procurement related quantitative and qualitative information generated by IT systems and accessing data bases.
- Good analytical skills, including the ability to accurately organize and present data and write reports.
- ICT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.