Deadline: 21 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Procurement Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Procurement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Timely and duly prepare procurement plans for the Fund and, where relevant, on behalf of implementing partners and monitor their implementation.
- Prepare and submit Quarterly Procurement reports to management and IPAS in a timely manner.
- Prepare tender documents such as RFQ, ITB or RFP and other instruments related to market research or market survey such as RFI and EOI.
- Preparation of quotations in the UNWEBBUY website.
- Preparation of Pro-forma invoice and contract documents prior to submission for signature to the relevant Procurement Authority.
- Receipt of bid documents, review of the same, contracts and/or purchase orders as well as results of evaluation of bids/proposals and other formal/public documents.
- Preparation of LCPC/HQCPC case submissions as well as all subsequent response to queries.
- Ensure full compliance to the Financial Regulations and Rules of UNOPS and its Procurement Manual.
- Provide analytical inputs to the elaboration and implementation of contractual strategies, focusing on the timely delivery of complex requirements.
- Prepare weekly requisition status reports providing the most updated information about the status of each requisition.
- Provide guidance to Procurement personnel and Project personnel on matters relating to UNOPS’ procurement manual; UN web buy; UN procurement Market place etc.
Applicants must have-
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- A Master’s Degree in related filed would be advantageous.
- CIPS and/or other Procurement Practitioner Certification would be considered a significant asset.
- A minimum two years of progressively responsible professional procurement experience of significant complexity and value is required.
- Knowledge of UN / UNOPS procurement rules.
- Working knowledge of ERP (particularly Agresso) and experience with MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.