Deadline: 7 August 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Contracting and Procurement Advisor in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Contracting and Procurement Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Oversee, develop and maintain SNV’s Contracting and Procurement Policy area, accompanying guidance and tools to ensure efficient, competitive, transparent and compliant contracting and procurement across the organisation.
- Provide proactive backstopping support to selected SNV grants and service contracts, including advice on compliance requirements, specific procurement and contracting processes.
- Advise on, and supports, the contracting and procurement infrastructure in SNV country and global teams and within SNV’s broader policy and operational environment.
- Provide specialist advice on vendor, consultant and partner contract templates and negotiation processes at key moments during the project cycle, from proposal design and project execution.
- Based on evidence from backstopping to projects and advisory services, identifies risks as well as systems and process improvements, proactively develops and implements solutions to ensure ongoing excellent contracting and procurement at SNV.
- Based on his/her expertise, understanding of relevant risks as well as the learning and evidence generated through his/her support, ensures effective learning between project, country and global team colleagues.
- Lead on the design and delivery of audience appropriate capacity development on contracting and procurement for SNV staff and partners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in public procurement, international law, commercial engineering, other relevant field or equivalent by experience.
- At least 7 year’s of relevant and demonstrable experience working on contracting and procurement in an international development cooperation context.
- Expert knowledge of SNV’s key donor requirements (such as Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UK Department for International Development, European Union, Swedish and Swiss Development Agencies, World Bank) as applied to contracting and procurement.
- Demonstrable experience of contract management.
- Experience of Business Development and managing international development projects is desired.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, conceptual thinking, financial literacy and analysis.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.