Deadline: 12 September 2018
Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Field Procurement Officer in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
IDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
- Implements the policies and procedures contained in the procurement Guidelines of the Bank.
- Provide Technical advice to the project officers in preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures taking into account Member Countries’ needs, IDB Group priorities and observed trends among similar MDBs.
- Extend the Project Procurement Facilitation and Implementation Support for improved quality at entry, implementation and at completion in-order to improve quality in project delivery.
- Provide support in risk assessment in projects as per the procurement Guidelines and follow-up with concerned parties in-order to maintain acceptable risk mitigation measures.
- Support in the elaboration of project concept notes, preparation and appraisal of projects in-order to provide the required advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the country portfolio.
- Contribute in preparation of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in project procurement of MDBs.
- 3 years experience in project management and implementation.
- Proficiency in English and French or Arabic (preferred).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IDB.