Deadline: 17 April 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer in Dadaab, Kenya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures at office level.
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes.
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management).
- Training and development of logistics team at office level.
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods.
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists).
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures.
- Supervision of works for payment satisfaction.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma/Degree in Logistics Management.
- Diploma in stores management and stock control.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant work experience.
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own manager skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.