Deadline: 11 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Analyst in Yangon, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Procurement Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Implement key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Implementation of, or support to, the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
- Provide technical support and guidance to procurement processes of the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation
- Guidelines followed on embedding sustainability along the procurement process.
- Organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree or equivalent preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 year’s experience at the international level in Procurement Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced university degree.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- 1 year’s experience in Procurement of Supply Chain Management is required.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) is required.
- Full working knowledge of ENGLISH is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.