Deadline: 22 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Analyst in Copenhagen, Denmark. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Procurement Analyst will be responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide timely, effective and accurate customer service and maintain relationships with clients:
- Provide high quality UN Web Buy procurement services to the Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) and its grant recipients, covering proactive follow-up, development of technical specifications in cooperation with clients, applying any corrective measures to ensure that customers’ expectations are met.
- Maintain and nurture customer relationships; proactively assist clients with queries and concerns, provide prompt solutions; anticipate customers’ needs in order to maintain customers’ satisfaction.
- Manage oral/written response to queries from the donor and its stakeholders regarding UN Web Buy matters.
- Monitor timely delivery of goods, trouble-shooting on logistics issues. Coordinate custom clearing issues, where applicable.
- Manage& process quotations, final purchase orders & vendors in UNOPS ERP (One UNOPS) and electronic catalogue (UNWEBBUY):
- Manage creation of quotations/Performa Invoices from UN Web Buy; creation of contract documents from templates, where required; obtain client acceptance; ensure receipt of funds through the different payment channels; manage pre-Shipment Inspection documentation, where applicable.
- Create Purchase Orders in UN Web Buy from established long-term agreements & place orders with suppliers.
- Review technical specifications and procurement methods to ensure quality, consistency and compliance with UNOPS policies and sustainability criteria.
- Distribute and manage sourcing and solicitations, coordinating all aspects of bid/proposal evaluation award and contract negotiation, where required.
- Record all steps to ensure full transparency and accountability, follow up and trouble-shooting with logistics issues, processing of insurance claims.
Applicants must have-
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), preferably in logistics, procurement or related area is required.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant past experience may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience is required in procurement, supply chain management and/or administrative support services, preferably within UN or other international organizations.
- Basic understanding of logistics and Inco terms 2010.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages as well as experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of UNOPS procurement and financial rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Strong IT skills; knowledge of Agresso or other software systems is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.