Deadline: 27 September 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Logistic Associate in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Procurement and Logistic Associate will be responsible for supporting effective procurement and supply chain management of goods and services planned under RSHQ Project.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistic Associate will perform following functions:
- Collaborate with project personnel and managers in preparation of their procurement plan.
- Support in monitoring the implementation of procurement plan and provide feedback to senior team member for review.
- Review the approved requisitions from the project personnel and ensure that they are properly registered in the procurement database.
- Carry out regular market searches for the operational requirements of the project.
- Prepare UNOPS solicitation documents, namely RFQs, ITBs, and RFPs.
- Actively assists in bid evaluations of contractors/ suppliers as well as claims pertaining to outstanding contracts/procurement actions; subsequent endorsement of invoices in accordance with UNOPS’ Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Assists in monitoring and control of procurement processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS Procurement Manual and Financial Rules and Regulations (FRRs).
- Reviews and verifies procurement-related submissions to the Management and Committee approval.
- Prepare the UNOPS contracting documents, namely Contracts for the supply of goods and services, and Purchase Orders.
- Reviews and verifies purchase orders for goods, contracts for services and works.
- Effectively uses procurement process monitoring systems and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- In consultation with senior team member, support Project Manager in ensuring full compliance with UNOPS procurement activities and Procurement Manual, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRRs), relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions and effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in procurement and control of workflows.
- Assist in maintaining appropriated records to ensure that procurement processes, decisions, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Maintain and update auditable project inventory records, assist with the preparation of financial reports for donors and beneficiary Government counterparts.
Applicants must have:
- High School Diploma, with 6 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement at the national level.
- Bachelor’s with 2 years of progressively relevant working experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Similar experience within the UN system will be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS/UN rules and regulations preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.