Deadline: 31 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Logistics Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistics Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Process Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre procurement business mapping and elaborate/establish internal standard operating procedures in procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Analyze requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
- Synthesize proposals and implementation of contract strategy in the Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre, including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations, payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implement the strategic procurement in the Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Provide administrative support for the management of programme assets and expendable items.
- Ensure proper receipting, storage, issuance, loan, right of use, maintenance, disposal, transfer mechanisms for programme assets, and expendable items.
- Ensure preparation and submission of periodic programme assets and expendable reports.
- Write off expendable and non-expendable equipment in accordance with UNOPS and DPKO policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with authorities and relevant stakeholders in managing the procurement and logistics activities (e.g. customs clearances, freight forwarding, gaining authorizations, etc.).
- Ensure record keeping of all procurement and logistical files in compliance with the UNOPS policies.
- Ensure availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes.
- Provide periodic guidance and training to the programme personnel on UNOPS procurement and logistics policies and procedures.
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices in procurement and logistics.
- Manage the procurement and logistics cells.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field with five years of relevant experience.
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field with seven years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries is desired.
- Fluency in English (speak, read, write).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.