Deadline: 31 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure implementation of procurement and operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Inputs to the office’s procurement business processes mapping and to the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Support contract administration and procurement processes for Kenya Multi Country Office (KMCO), UNOPS projects and at the request of other Agencies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Input to the preparation of procurement plans for the office.
- Support to the organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- Preparation of purchase orders and contracts, preparation of recurring purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation, maintenance of the filing system in the procurement Unit.
- Provide efficient administrative and clerical support to procurement processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Processing of invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and informing clients.
- Routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
- Oral/written responses to queries from internal and external clients regarding procurement matters.
- Establishment and maintenance of working files on procurement activity.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is desirable but not required.
- Training in procurement/accounting/business studies is an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 year’s of relevant experience in finance/administrative support services or procurement is required.
- Experience in the of google suite applications as well as in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of UNOPS procurement and financial rules and regulations is desirable.
- Experience in Business Analytics is desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication in English is required.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.