Deadline: 25 February 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supply chain, Business Management, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- 1 to 2 year’s experience of providing progressively responsible support in procurement work.
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.