Deadline: 20 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Participate in the analysis and preparation of goods for procurement of goods for different technical and emergency programmes, ensure adherence to the standard WHO guidelines on procurement, accuracy of information, completion of required supporting documents and check availability of funds.
- Using GSM, initiate local purchase requests for both catalogue and non-catalogue items in an efficient manner to be submitted by the supervisor, monitor status and ensure timely process of requests and delivery of goods and services.
- Draft purchase order amendments when required, provide justification and upload supporting documents in RMS.
- Participate in the preparation of requests for price estimates for non-catalogue items, obtain estimated costs from the Regional Logistics and Supply Unit or HQ, and implementation of related procurement decisions taken by technical units and supervisor.
- Assist in drafting bid invitations and related correspondence, compiling offers, preparation summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer as well as in drafting the adjudication reports.
- Arrange for the meetings of the Country Procurement Committee by identifying with partners suitable dates, compiling and disseminating necessary background documents related to the cases to be presented.
- Maintain and update the suppliers’ database including completion of the supplier evaluation forms for all suppliers contracted by WHO office.
- Participate in the reparation of periodic procurement reports and briefings on the status of all transactions for the review of the supervisor.
- Assist in initiating correspondence to verify data, answer queries, alert supervisor/technical units of any gaps in the transactions, and recommend solutions.
- Perform other duties related to area of work, and replace colleagues mainly the Assistant to the WR as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in a field related to the work performed.
- University degree in business administration, social sciences or a related field is an asset.
- At least 3 years progressive experience in procurement.
- Proven knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Very good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines.
- Good analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local language.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.