Deadline: 9 August 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for the procurement of goods and services including medical supplies.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Procurement of Goods:
- Assess RPEs and prepare RFQ/ITBs as per WHO guidelines for pharmaceutical procurement.
- Assist in the bid invitation and processing including in-tend, publishing tender notices, bid opening as well as follow-ups, as required.
- Assist in evaluation of bidders in view of cGMP guidelines and other international regulatory standards for pharmaceuticals/vaccines/biologicals and GLP guidelines for laboratory products.
- Create Purchase Orders in GSM, send POs to suppliers in GSM and maintain necessary follow-ups for acknowledgement copy(s).
- Track deliveries, reminders of suppliers on deadlines and informing users.
- Assist in the monitoring the suppliers’ performance management and also send appropriate communication to unsuccessful bidders once the tendering processes are completed.
- Continuous update of the database of Purchases and catalogs and suppliers.
- Assist RAs/Technical Officers in SEAR on selection of appropriate product from Catalogue and/or manufacturers/suppliers.
- Perform other related duties and be flexible to cover colleagues or represent unit, as assigned by supervisor.
- Shipping and Logistics:
- Inspect consignment received in Stores/SEARO or at the warehouse of clearing agents, arrange segregation and on-forwarding of consignment to end-users, including preparation of shipping documents for each dispatch as per GDP guidelines.
- Pack perishable items using dry ice with due diligence in view of the hazardous nature of dry ice and arranging temperature-controlled shipment of these goods to end-users in Country Offices.
- Prepare gate-pass, dispatch slips, exemption certificates / forwarding receipts as and when required.
- Assist in arranging emergency shipments to country offices from SEARO stockpile in consultation with respective units in SEARO.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- At least 3 year’s experience in clerical/administrative/ pharmaceutical/laboratory work.
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Overall attitude of work are required competencies.
Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and standard office equipment.
- Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Hindi.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.