Deadline: 13 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Associate in Tunisia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Procurement Associate will perform the following functions-
- Implement procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to procurement related reports and analyses, research and draft responses to inquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager.
- Provide substantive inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost-saving and reduction.
- Follow up with internal and external audits.
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
- Organize procurement processes for Tunisia Office
- Prepare procurement plans for programmes/projects.
- Analyze needs and provide feedback and guidance to requesting teams.
- Draft specifications in line with needs review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services.
- Organize procurement processes including the preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals.
- Prepare submissions to approving authorities.
- Maintain complete files, in accordance with corporate filing standards.
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas.
- Prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Specialized training in Procurement; or a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset.
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized provider such as CIPS (level 2) is an asset.
- Internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 6 year’s of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, such as Atlas is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of UN working language, especially French, is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.