Deadline: 2 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Associate in New York, United States.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Associate will perform following functions:
- Monitor and control procurement and supply chain processes including organization of Requests For Quotations (RFQ), Invitations To Bid (ITB) and Request For Proposals (RFP), their evaluation, and negotiation of conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Ensure due diligence in all procurement processes including but not limited to performing advanced financial statements analysis, advanced background checks, risk analysis.
- Conduct the procurement processes through the eSourcing system and provided assistance to other colleagues to ensure its effective implementation.
- Manage the procurement workflow focusing on timely and duly preparation of the solicitation documents, posting of tenders, handling clarifications, conducting evaluations of quotes/bids/proposals, drafting the Bids Evaluation Reports (BER) and Proposals Evaluation Reports (PER), obtaining the necessary clearances.
- Conduct Requests for Information (RFI) and perform comprehensive market researches, coupled with analysis of historical data to identify room for strategic initiatives. Draft business cases, and establish framework agreements such as Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) and Long Term Agreements (LTA).
- Support the establishment of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other strategic initiatives.
- Create Purchase Orders and Vendor Proles, seek approval and perform budget-checks, screen supplier invoices for correctness, create receipts and monitor payments with finance department.
- Solve payment related issues with budget owners, finance department, system support, and respond to diverse inquiries from vendors.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and knowledge building by focusing on the organization of training for the personnel on procurement, synthetizing lessons learned, maintaining a database of suppliers, and staying abreast of new development in the function through professional organizations and several learning opportunities.
- Prepare and analyse procurement reports including but not limited to quarterly procurement reviews, procurement tracking sheets and other related reports (using pivot tables function and others in Excel, PowerPoint); support the production of the Procurement Plan as needed.
- Generate qualitative analysis and/or quantitative analysis of data reports, using computer software as applicable. Interpret outcome of analysis and raise any issue to the attention of the Procurement Manager.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in business administration, finance, procurement, supply-chain management, logistics or other related field with two years of relevant experience.
- First level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in business administration, finance, procurement, supply-chain management, logistics or other related field with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Secondary school diploma (high school or equivalent) with 6 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Procurement in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in preparation, evaluation and follow up of tenders is required
- Experience in Contract Management is desired.
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing and reading) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desired.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.