Deadline: 9 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Logistics Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for making sure that requests of various clients and partners, including UN agencies and governments, are serviced in a quality and timely manner.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Timely and duly prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Prepare and submit Quarterly Procurement reports to management and IPAS in a timely manner.
- Prepare tender documents such as RFQ, ITB or RFP and other instruments related to market research or market survey such as RFI and EOI.
- Preparation of Pro-forma invoice and contract documents prior to submission for signature to the relevant Procurement Authority.
- Ensure full compliance to the Financial Regulations and Rules of UNOPS and its Procurement Manual.
- Provide analytical inputs to the elaboration and implementation of contractual strategies, focusing on the timely delivery of complex requirements.
- Prepare weekly requisition status reports providing the most updated information about the status of each requisition.
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities germane or analogous to the functions of a Procurement Officer.
- Represent Procurement department in meetings and such other discussions where procurement matters are relevant.
- Represent UNOPS in meetings with clients and other stakeholders where procurement matters are relevant.
- Monitor the progress of shipments for UNOPS and its clients and coordinate the delivery of the same at the client’s delivery places.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- CIPS and/or other Procurement Practitioner Certification would be considered a significant asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience for Master’s Degree or 4 years of relevant experience for first-level university degree at the national or international level in procurement management.
- Experience in procuring requirements of significant complexity and value (experience in procuring infrastructure works would be an advantage).
- Experience in procuring high-value requirements (experience in establishing long-term supply contracts would be an advantage).
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.